I was already running a self-paced study (DashedSentence) and it was working nice and properly.
Today I updated my stim list (.csv) and from that moment on my experiment is stuck on “Loading, please wait…”
I thought it was something else on my .csv or script (troubleshooting page), but that’s not the case, because it was already working fine. I noticed though that if I cut my stim list in a half (the file has 194 lines), it loads fine.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
So if you turn the Debugger back on, you’ll get an error message saying “Format of table is invalid.” That message disappears once I remove all the " characters from your table, and the experiment then proceeds normally. You should in theory be able to use those characters, so I’ll have to investigate what’s happening. Fortunately for you, you don’t actually need them in your table, as your sentences don’t contain any commas (which are otherwise used to separate columns)
In fact, if I remove all the ” characters from the table, it works just fine.
The reason I had ” characters on my table is to avoid errors due to ‘diacritics’ and commas as well. In Portuguese language, we use diacritics, such as acute and circumflex accents and cedilla. Thus, I used to use either ” or html characters to avoid getting errors on the old Farm. I guess, the new one is recognising those characters as well.
I was just wondering about what is happening, because my 10 trial list has ” and it is working fine. So, it has something else on my experiment preventing it to load the stim list.