Troubleshooting

PennController for IBEX Forums Troubleshooting

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar noedoc1 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Check the troubleshooting page for solutions to common problems. Use the forums if you don’t find a solution to your problem.

JulianaNovo
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I was already running a self-paced study (DashedSentence) and it was working nice and properly.
    Today I updated my stim list (.csv) and from that moment on my experiment is stuck on “Loading, please wait…”
    I thought it was something else on my .csv or script (troubleshooting page), but that’s not the case, because it was already working fine. I noticed though that if I cut my stim list in a half (the file has 194 lines), it loads fine.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    Best,
    Juliana

Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Juliana,

Would you mind sharing your project’s demonstration link with me, so I can take a look at its script and csv file(s)?

If the problem goes away when you delete some lines in your CSV file, then chances are that the problem does not lie with the script

Jeremy

JulianaNovo
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you!
    Here it is: https://farm.pcibex.net/r/jRLfWr/

Many thanks in advanced 🙂

J

Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Juliana,

So if you turn the Debugger back on, you’ll get an error message saying “Format of table is invalid.” That message disappears once I remove all the " characters from your table, and the experiment then proceeds normally. You should in theory be able to use those characters, so I’ll have to investigate what’s happening. Fortunately for you, you don’t actually need them in your table, as your sentences don’t contain any commas (which are otherwise used to separate columns)

Jeremy

JulianaNovo
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you.
    In fact, if I remove all the ” characters from the table, it works just fine.

The reason I had ” characters on my table is to avoid errors due to ‘diacritics’ and commas as well. In Portuguese language, we use diacritics, such as acute and circumflex accents and cedilla. Thus, I used to use either ” or html characters to avoid getting errors on the old Farm. I guess, the new one is recognising those characters as well.

I was just wondering about what is happening, because my 10 trial list has ” and it is working fine. So, it has something else on my experiment preventing it to load the stim list.

I am glad you were able to figure it out for now.

Thank you!!
    J

noedoc1
    Participant

Hi, Jeremy!
    I am programming a self-paced reading experiment and I was having the same problem as Juliana so I replaced the ” on my table for ‘. However, now I’m getting a bigger error. I think it’s not related to this, but rather it has something to do with the programming of the self-paced reading template.
    Here is the demonstration link to my experiment: https://farm.pcibex.net/r/EWhHDp/
    If you could take a look at it I would really appreciate it!
    Thanks!
    Noelia.

PS: Thanks for including special characters in this new version of the PCIbex, as a Spanish speaker I really appreciate it!

Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Noelia,

Your table uses ;s as separators. It should use either ,s or tabs

Jeremy

noedoc1
    Participant

Thank you, Jeremy! I changed the table and it’s working perfectly now!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.