Safari and Firefox preloading problems

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Safari and Firefox preloading problems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    metehanoguzz
    Participant

Hi!

I have been working on a mouse tracking experiment, in which people listen to some auditory stimuli and click on one of the two given options.

I am using the Preload() function to download the necessary sound files all at once, before the experiment session starts. I have been piloting the study in the last two days, and it worked just fine until today (July 18th, EST). As of today, I started having problems on Safari and Firefox browsers. The issue is that the sound files do not seem to be downloaded from my server. On Safari the study crashes in the very first trial, when the audio is supposed to play. On Firefox, some items work fine, but some items have the same problem (the audio does not play).

The experiment works perfectly fine on Chrome, Opera, and Edge. Why do you think I might have the problem only with Safari and Firefox? I also tried iPhone and iPad (both Safari) and they had the same problem.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best,
    Mete

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Mete,

Would you mind sharing a link to your experiment, either here or at support@pcibex.net, so we can take a look at the problem? Thanks

Jeremy

metehanoguzz
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your response. I just emailed it to you.

Best,
    Mete

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.