problems saving code

PennController for IBEX Forums Support problems saving code

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kavita thomas
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I’ve been encountering some odd problems saving code despite following the instructions about either typing in the code editor window or changing the project title. I’m using Firefox 91.13.0esr on Mac Os X 11.6.8 with mobile broadband.

Are there any other ways to ensure that one has saved? Can the ‘saved’ next to the title reflect the timestamp of the server update so that one can check whether the latest changes have been saved? Has anyone else reported similar problems?

Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise I am hoping that my project, WCFHT22PretestDraft, which is now open and collecting data, doesn’t have any other problems that occur during the data collection period.

Thanks again for the quick help and good advice!
    Kavita Thomas

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Kavita,

Any modification to a project will trigger an automatic save: changing the project title isn’t necessary by any means (although it does constitute, indeed, a modification to the project)

The browser you use also should not make a difference. This is a farm-internal problem, and the only workaround I have found so far is to delete the faulty file from the project (after saving a backup) and recreate it, to prevent the farm from maintaining parallel copies (reference)

Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.