Delay in making changes

PennController for IBEX Forums Bug Report Delay in making changes

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #7903
    Larissa_Cury
    Participant

    Hello, everyone!

    I’ve been trying to update my code since yesterday, but it’s seems to me that’s something wrong. Whenever I try to change something, although it appears to me “saved”, it seems that the change wasn’t saved at all or, worse, parts of it were, so then I get the messenge that’s something wrong in the running order.
    I mean, I’ve been trying to make simple changes such as changing the color of strings and when I run the code nothing happens or, If I try to enter a new sentence, then the code only shows me half of if or it simply doesn’t change at all, as if it has a “delay”.

    Indeed, it’s not saving the changes simultaneously ’cause If I close and open my code, I see no changes or older versions of changes… Is it a real bug or is there something I could do?

    thanks in advance!!!

    • This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Larissa_Cury. Reason: typo
    #7905
    Larissa_Cury
    Participant

    Edit: I’ve just seen this: https://www.pcibex.net/forums/topic/code-doesnt-get-updated-despite-the-saved-message/ and it seems that making a copy really works!

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Larissa_Cury. Reason: typo
    #7908
    sabrina
    Participant

    Hi,

    I just wanted to add that I also have this problem. I noticed it on Saturday and it was still like that a few minutes ago. The trick with the copy seems to work for me as well (thanks Larissa!)

    Best,
    Sabrina

    #8141
    emauffray
    Participant

    Hi everyone. I am also encountering this situation where my experiment won’t update. Making a copy does seem to work to update the code (I was changing some minor text settings), but when I make a copy of my experiment, my audio files will no longer play. If I manually copy paste the names of the files again, it works (I had to do that after deleting a previous version of the experiment before realizing the audios wouldn’t work with the copy). I am hoping to not have to do that again. Has anyone encountered this sort of error? Has anyone had success with another method to get their experiments to update? TIA!

    Edit: Here’s my experiment and the copy.

    • This reply was modified 2 years ago by emauffray.
    #8145
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    I am sorry you are encountering issues with updating your project. In case anyone is cloning their whole project just to force text edits to be reflected in the files, that is not necessary: you can copy-paste the text in a local copy, delete just the one file from your project, create it again, and paste the content back in the editor. I am working on fixing this issue, hopefully I should be able to update the farm in the coming days/weeks

    I have not encountered the audio file problem before. Did you have to upload any audio file again, or simply re-typing the filenames in the script did the trick? Had you deleted the original project when this problem occurred, or did the original project still exist while the audios from the copy wouldn’t play?

    Jeremy

    #8155
    emauffray
    Participant

    Dear Jeremy,

    Thank you for replying! Deleting the main.js file and uploading my script again worked! Also for the audio, when I cloned the projects, the audios showed in the resources but they didn’t show as taking up any space. I had not deleted the original project. However, I re-uploaded my audio folder, and once I pasted the first file name as it was in the resources, the rest began to work. Thank you for your help!

    Sincerely,
    Erin

    #10741
    metehanoguzz
    Participant

    Hello,

    I have been having this problem in the last 10 days. Basically, my changes in the main.js does not get saved even though it says “saving” and then “saved” on top. I use macOS and Chrome, but also tried it on Safari. Is there now any workarounds for this autosave problem? Also, has anyone else reported similar problems? I was just wondering if I am the only one having the problem or I should do something to prevent it.

    Thank you so much in advance!

    Best,
    Mete

    #10746
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

    Hello Mete,

    Unfortunately this is a common issue that I haven’t gotten around to fixing yet. The workarounds are still the same, namely, you can copy the content of the problematic file, paste it inside a new file, and then delete the problematic one. My apologies for the inconvenience

    Best,
    Jeremy

    #10755
    metehanoguzz
    Participant

    Hi Jeremy,

    Thank you so much for letting me know! No worries at all!

    Best,
    Mete

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.