Reply To: Corsi block tapping task

PennController for IBEX Forums Requests Corsi block tapping task Reply To: Corsi block tapping task

Jeremy
Keymaster

Hi Iris,

I am not aware of anyone implementing the Corsi task in PCIbex, but it sounds like a fun challenge! It would, however, definitely require injecting some JavaScript, I don’t think there would be an efficient way of coding such a task using PennController commands only (it would result in a very lengthy and redundant code). Maybe the smartest things to do would be to create a new PennController element type, but that would mean making decision as to how you use the element, how/where/whether one defines the demonstration sequence, whether you can shuffle the blocks, should it stop at the first wrong click/tap or should it be lenient (or should that be a parameter? if so, how?), etc.

In the meantime, I came up with a toy example here, where I heavily rely on the PennController Function and Var elements to execute JavaScript functions, accessing the internal structure of the elements: https://farm.pcibex.net/r/kiegoB/

It’s not perfect, but at least it’s very customizable once you make sense of all the JavaScript code

Let me know if you have questions

Jeremy