Too many wrong passwords

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Too many wrong passwords

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AdinaCameliaBleotu
    Participant

Sorry to bother you! I have written too many wrong passwords in one account, and I can no longer access my data. It will not let me reset my password.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello,

When you have entered at least 6 incorrect passwords in a row, you cannot enter a new password for another 3 hours. After that, you can start entering new passwords again, within the same limit of 5 attempts. If you have forgotten your password, you can use the “Forgot your password?” link under the “Log in” button in the popup window that appears when you click “Log in,” and fill in the email address you used when you created your account

Let me know if problems persist

Jeremy

AdinaCameliaBleotu
    Participant

Dear Jeremy,

I have tried to reset it now, it says it updated it but then, when I try to log in, I get the same error: ‘too many invalid passwords’.

I have just reset it. 🙁 So I wrote the password correctly now, but still same error. I am a bit worried about my data (the experiments and results), as I had not saved them.

The same error keeps popping up. 🙁

I also realized that, in the morning, I reset it (it had been more than 3 hours)-my PCIbex kept showing “too many invalid passwords”, although I used the “I forgot my password” reset. 🙁
    I tried logging into it from different browsers but maybe the system locked me out?
    I am very worried at this point.

JulianaNovo
    Participant

Hey there,

Sorry to bother with the same question, but I do have the same problem. Tried too many passwords, tried to reset and still get the same error.

Many thanks,
    Juliana

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Juliana,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. I can’t address this issue at the moment, but will take care of it later today

Jeremy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.