Superimposing Words on Pictures

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Superimposing Words on Pictures

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    utkuturk
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to implement an experiment where some texts elements are superimposed on some parts of the pictures. However, I want to make sure that they are placed at exactly the place I want them to be, and not some other places due to the resolution change between participants. Is there a way to achieve that? or maybe check people resolutions and code the trials according to their resolutions?

Here’s a working example of my design: https://farm.pcibex.net/r/TtiCOZ/ (it includes a click sound as well)

I also have other questions that are not directly related.
    – My design is such that there are some words first, and then a picture comes, but words have to be on top still. I used z-index : -9999 for the picture. It worked for PennController2.0, but does not work with 2.1 version. Why?
    – I also have a “click.wav” file which I want it to be played when the picture comes about. It again works in 2.0, but not in 2.1.

Best,
    Utku

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by utkuturk. Reason: correct link
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Canvas elements allow for arbitrary positioning of elements. For example, this would print the word “hello” at the bottom-right corner of the image:

newCanvas("myCanvas", 200, 300)
      .add("center at 50%", "middle at 50%", newImage("myImage.png"))
      .add("right at 100%", "bottom at 100%", newText("hello"))
      .print()

Anyone still experiencing issues with PennController 2.1 is invited to downgrade to 2.0 following these instructions

Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.