Pre-determined line breaks in self-paced reading experiment

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Pre-determined line breaks in self-paced reading experiment

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KateK
    Participant

Hello!

I am looking for a way to preserve intentionally marked line breaks (currently marked with /n in my .csv) that have been chosen/placed already.

Is there a way to do this in PCIbex? My trials are being iterated using a Template right now.

Here is my experiment for your reference: https://farm.pcibex.net/r/bOIUXY/

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello,

The DashedSentence controller does accept the \n character as a linebreak, but when looking up the table Template reads that sequence as two characters (\+n) which in a javascript string you would write as \\n

The solution is to replace all occurrences of \\n with \ns: row.acceptability.replace(/\\n/g,"\n")

Jeremy

KateK
    Participant

Jeremy,

Thanks so much! This worked great.

Best,
    Kate

acr1408
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry for asking again, but I’m very new to this system. Could you please explain where I should place the line that Jeremy suggested as solution: row.acceptability.replace(/\\n/g,”\n”)
    Should I put this line in the “DashedSentence.js” module or in the “main.js”? I don’t know in which chuck part it should be included.

Sorry for bothering and thanks for your help.

Best,
    Álvaro

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you look at the code of https://farm.pcibex.net/r/bOIUXY/ in main.js, you’ll see this line: newController("DashedSentence", {s: row.acceptability}). This is where to substitue row.acceptability.replace(/\\n/g,"\n"): newController("DashedSentence", {s: row.acceptability.replace(/\\n/g,"\n")})

Jeremy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.