PCIBEX video format size and length

PennController for IBEX Forums Support PCIBEX video format size and length

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    multanip
    Participant

Hello,
    I wanted to know if PCIBEX and google chrome have specific video format, size of total or individual files (mb or gb), and if there is a length limit to the video in pcibex when using google chrome. i know you answered someone post with this https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp website. but I dont know how to read this website to find this answer if pcibex has a limit to how large in gb size or format or length limit for video. I know mp4 is supported by chrome and I learned that avi is not. but I dont if gb of the videos or individually matter or how long the individual or all the videos are together matters. Because I have a lot of videos like over 20 with various gbs and around 4 to 6 seconds each.

So i wanted to know what are specifications for videos are regarding chrome and pcibex?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello,

PCIbex itself has no such limits, but browsers only support a limited range of video file formats (as listed on the page you referenced) and might have limits on the size of the video files, but that last point will depend on specific configuration points (in general, the limits on size are large enough that they will never be a problem for an experiment)

If your 20+ videos of 4-6s each total to over 1GB, the problem won’t necessarily be the size limit of the browser, but rather how long it takes to download them. With a 720p resolution using the H264 (MP4) compression, a 5s video file shouldn’t be more than 2MB so a total of, say, 30 such videos should represent ~60MB max

I personally wouldn’t participate in a study if I knew it means I have to download more than a few 100MB of resources (and much less if I’m paying for data pro rata)

Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.