Naming blocks

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Naming blocks

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    leaena
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

How are the names of Templates determined?

For instance, I want to have a template for each block of an experiment: block 1, block 2, block 3, block 4, and filler. (The fillers will be interspersed between the blocks which will be presented one at a time.) If I use

PennController.Template(   PennController.GetTable("target.csv").filter("block", "1"),
        (item) => PennController(

…where in here am I telling it what the name of this chunk is so that I can call it in the shuffleSequence? How does it know what I want to call it? Can I use .label(“block1”), and if so, where would I put that?

Thank you!
    Leo

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

I took the liberty of moving your topic in the Support subsection of the forums.

The global PennController command works the same whether inside or outside the scope of a PennController.Template command. So you can simply do:

PennController.Template(   PennController.GetTable("target.csv").filter("block", "1"),
        (item) => PennController( "block1" , 

You could indeed also use the .label command on the closing parenthesis of the global PennController command (i.e. before the closing parenthesis of Template).

If you don’t specify any label, the Template command will look for a column named Label in your table and, if it finds one, it will use the value in the Label cell to label the generated trials. If it finds no column named Label, it will label the generated trials Item-N, where N is a number (which means you could then end up with multiple trials sharing the same label if you use multiple Template commands with no explicit label).

Hope things are clearer now!

Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.