iPhone/iPad compatibility

PennController for IBEX Forums Support iPhone/iPad compatibility

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    irenecg
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

First of all, thank you so much for the platform and the forum support, it is awesome!
    We have an experiment using MediaRecorder(), and we’ve been trying it in several browsers and devices now to check for compatibility. We already know that Safari is complicated, but some iPhone users have told us they could not open the experiment even in Chrome. I’ve been doing some research and it seems the capabilities of Chrome/Firefox on iPhone or iPad are limited to the iOS platform…

I was wondering if there could be any workaround for that (in a similar way as there is for fullscreen()) or we’ll have to tell our iPhone subjects to use a computer…

Thanks a lot,

Irene

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Irene,

Unfortunately the MediaRecorder element is mostly supported by Firefox desktop and Chrome desktop only for now. I’m not sure what are the capacities of Chrome on iOS, whether there are any OS-wide limitations

I know it’s technically feasible to record audio streams in a browser from an iPhone, but developers seem to use a different API than MediaRecorder. I know I should work on implementing alternatives in the future, but it’s not a priority at the moment

Unless you are willing to code your own voice-recording system, I’m afraid you’ll have to tell your iPhone participants to use a computer indeed, I’m sorry

Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.