'Failed to save' error

PennController for IBEX Forums FAQ / Tips 'Failed to save' error

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Umesh
    Participant

Hi,

I keep getting the error “Failed to save, try clicking again” while trying to save my edited code on PCIbex. This is not a new issue, but I think recently it is occurring more frequently (earlier it used to be 3-5 trials before it succeeded but now it’s very often more than 10-15; sometimes I spend a minutes or two only trying to save the code). Am I doing something wrong and it’s just me? I have tried three browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Safari) on a Mac OS.

Thanks!
    Umesh.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Umesh,

You’re not doing anything wrong, I experienced the same problem over the last few days. I am actively working on a new version of the PCIbex Farm that should fix this issue, and trying to find a temporary workaround in the meantime, which will likely involve rebooting the servers and, as a result, possibly interrupting ongoing data collection (which is why I keep delaying it taking action…).

I apologize for this. In the meantime, you can try editing your code locally using a text editor and uploading the file back to your project. If this still does not work for you, consider hosting your experiments on the original Ibex Farm (note though that the Ibex Farm is not on a secure domain, so you won’t be able to access microphones and webcams, and you cannot upload resources directly to chunk_includes there).

Jeremy

Umesh
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,
    thanks a lot for the reply and suggesting alternatives. Editing a file locally and uploading generally works but for a .js file it’s more convenient to edit it in the browser because of the code completion/suggestion feature.

Possibly now there is more traffic to the server due to the crisis, which leads to the excess in this error?

Cheers,
    Umesh.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Umesh,

I’m glad to read that you find the autocompletion feature helpful, I was wondering about that

Yes, increased traffic sort of saturates the RAM of the server, which in turn fails to process updates to the code (I haven’t heard of results failing to get saved so far though, thankfully)

Jeremy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.