disable video controls + automatic translation

PennController for IBEX Forums Support disable video controls + automatic translation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ginopino09
    Participant

Hello Jeremy,
    I tried to find an answer to my problem in earlier posts but I couldn’t find what I need, so I’m sorry if you already helped with a similar issue.

I about to start an experiment where participants have to watch a video a transcribe what they understand and I want them to watch each video only once. Everything is working fine, but participants can still see the video controls, so that they could click pause and go back to the beginning of the video and watch it one more time. Is it possible to avoid that? I guess it’s very simple, but I do not know how to do it.

Here is the demostration link to the experiment.
    https://farm.pcibex.net/r/qwugLA/

Since I’m already asking something, I have another small issue…
    Sometimes participants’ browser automatically translates some target words (but constantly the same words) throughout the experiment. For instance I have a target word that appears on the screen “FIN” (aim in Spanish), which desappear faster then normal and in its place “ALETA” appears (which means fin in Spanish!! ahah). So those trials are split in two, half with the original target word and half with its “translation”.
    I guess that even in this case there is a command to disable automatic translation from English.

Thank you for your help!

Giorgio

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello Giorgio,

1) Use the command disable to disable the Video element. Use a value of 0.01 if you want the overlay preventing participants from clicking the controls to be displayed with full transparency

(note that the experiment at your link currently does not work, and the debugger—which you should turn back on until you are ready to recruit your first real participant—throws errors like “No column named ‘VIDEO’ found in table A_FDS_noMask. Did you mean to type ‘AUDIO’?” or “No table found with name AV_FDS_cloth. Did you mean to type ‘AV_FDS_noMask’?”)

2) This must come from an extension installed on the participant’s browser, there’s no automatic translation feature in PCIbex

Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.