delete result file by accident

PennController for IBEX Forums Support delete result file by accident

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    karmacoma
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I made the rookie mistake and deleted my result file by accident – is there a way to recreate the result file using the raw result file?

Thank you!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you can recreate the core of the results file using the raw results file. One option is to create a new empty experiment that will serve as the host for the restored results file and pass each line from raw_results to it, effectively simulating submissions.

Here’s what I just did: I parsed raw_results to delete all the lines starting with #, added a comma at the end of each of the remaining lines, and added var lines = [ at the very beginning and ]; at the very end of the whole document. Then I opened the dummy experiment as if to participate in it, I opened the javascript console and pasted the parsed content. Then I typed this in the console:

for (let i = 0; i < lines.length; i++)
    	$.ajax({
            url: __server_py_script_name__,
            cache: false,
            contentType: "text/html; charset=UTF-8",
            data: JSON.stringify(lines[i]),
            type: "POST",
            success: m=>console.log("success"),
            error: e=>console.log("error",e)
        });

I refreshed the Results section of my dummy experiment and I had my results file. The MD5 hashes were different, of course, as was the information in the comments, because I made the submissions myself, but other than that the lines looked ok. I just had one submission rejected, but I identified it as line #4 (starting with 0) and was able to add it back in manually:

$.ajax({
            url: __server_py_script_name__,
            cache: false,
            contentType: "text/html; charset=UTF-8",
            data: JSON.stringify(lines[4]),
            type: "POST",
            success: m=>console.log("success"),
            error: e=>console.log("error",e)
        });

Let me know if you need assistance

Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.