DebugOff() does not work

PennController for IBEX Forums Support DebugOff() does not work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elise
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

for some reason I cannot switch off the debug mode by using PennController.DebugOff();. This is the case for my current experiments and all my old experiments that I already run and in which switching off the debugger had worked previously.

Here are the links to my current exeriments:
    Experiment 1
    Experiment 2

Could you look into this and see what is going on? This would be great!

Best,
    Elise

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Elise,

I disabled DebugOff at demonstration links on the farm during the last update, as several issues that users faced proved to be detected by the debugger although it had been turned off while the project was still under development. The debugger is automatically turned off at the data-collection link though, making DebugOff entirely effectless on the farm

You can close the debugger while testing your experiment by clicking the cross button at the top-right corner of its popup window (and you can bring it back up later by pressing ctrl-d, by the way)

Jeremy

Elise
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I see, thanks a lot! This makes total sense and the shortcut will be really helpful to me!

Best,
    Elise

Elise
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I noticed that without DebuggOff() I cannot switch off the debugger when running my experiment on an external server. I assume I would need to use an old version of PCIbex to make DebuggOff() usable again. Could you point me to the .js file I would need to replace by an old one such that I can use DebuggOff() again? Or can you think of any other way to switch off the debugger when running experiments on an external server?

Thanks in advance!

Elise

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Elise,

Did you try using DebugOff (make sure you only include one g) in your experiment’s code on an external server, and the debugger still showed up? Did you make sure to either place DebugOff below PennController.ResetPrefix, or did you use the prefix: PennController.DebugOff()?

I didn’t change anything about that function in any PennController version, I only set things up on the PCIbex Farm so that the debugger would only (and always) show up at the demonstration link, and not at the data-collection link

Jeremy

Elise
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry, it was indeed my typo. Thank you, it works now on the external server.

Best,
    Elise

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.