choosing values in the result sheet

PennController for IBEX Forums Support choosing values in the result sheet

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    robpetrosino
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to avoid printing useless values in the result sheet. For example, my result sheet reports the even time twice for each item (one indicating the time at which the trial is presented and one indicating the time at which the trial stops being presented). This information is not strictly relevant for the purposes of the experiment (it’s a rating/acceptability experiment), so I was wondering if there is any way to avoid some clutter in the result sheet, e.g., by selecting the values to include in the result sheet. Is that just the way PennController logs the Text element after printing it?

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by robpetrosino.
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi!

Options to customize the results file are limited at the moment—I’ll look into improving that

The _Trial_,Start and _Trial_,End lines are automatically included by PennController: they help you get a sense of the experiment’s timeline. This way you could tell whether, say, a participant’s computer was being very slow.

Text elements, like any PennController element, only add a line to the results file if you use the command .setting.log on them.

What you can do, in absence of an option to prevent the _Trial_ lines from logging, is filter your results file with your spreadsheet (you can use a filter like “Column Parameter does not contain _Trial_”) or you can parse it using a script to output a new file containing only the lines you are interested in.

Let me know if you have any questions

Jeremy

robpetrosino
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your explanation, it’s clearer now. It was just a curiosity I wanted to ask you, but I feel like it is not a crucial feature at moment. R handles that seamlessly.

-r

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.