Best way to transfer HTML-based experiment to pcIBEX?

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Best way to transfer HTML-based experiment to pcIBEX?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mschrumpf
    Participant

Hello.
    I am currently transferring an experiment from a different platform to pcIBEX. The structure is very basic: There are

-instruction pages with a “next” button
    -a demographic data form and
    -exercise and trial pages with a random prompt, a text input field and a “next” button.

Since I have all of these on my hand as .html files, I am wondering what the quickest way would be to incorporate these into a pcIBEX experiment.

I have already found info how to do .html data survey forms on the forum.
    I don’t know how to incorporate the instruction pages with a simple button in the middle though. These buttons are coded the following way:
    `<form action=”next” method=”post”>
    <p align=”center”>
    <input type=”submit” name=”submit” value = “I want to participate”>’
    pcIBEX does not know how to handle the “next” action, so it sends the user to an empty page. Is there a way to link to the next trial with a button inside a .html element?

I will probably re-code the exercise and trial pages from scratch, but if there is an easier way, I would be very happy to hear about it.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello,

Re-coding everything from scratch is probably still the fastest and easiest way, indeed. The integration of HTML documents in a (PC)Ibex experiment is rather limited, basically you can report data from input fields to the results file using log but here you’re talking about controlling the flow of the trial/experiment by waiting for a click on a particular element included in the HTML content.

I guess one workaround would be to do something like this:

newTrial(
        newHtml("test.html").print().log()
        newFunction( ()=>new Promise(r=>$("input[type=submit]").bind('click', e=>{
            e.preventDefault();
            e.stopPropagation();
            r();
            return false;
        })) ).call( )
    )

The call command on the Function element will pause the execution of the script until a submit button is clicked

Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.