Add spacing between Scale options

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Add spacing between Scale options

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JulianaNovo
    Participant

Dear Jeremy,

I am using the following code and I would like to edit the scale, in order to better fit it to the display – Ideally I would like to add some space between the options. Are you able to help me?

newText("<p>How violent was that sentence?")
        .css("font-size","1.4em")
        .print()
        newText("<p>")
        .css("font-size","1.4em")
        .print()
        newScale("judgment",    "very violent", "violent", "less violent", "non-violent")
                .css("font-size","1.2em", "center")
                .log()             // Record
                .labelsPosition("top")
                .before( getText("sentence") )
                .size("font-size","1.2em")
                .print()
                .wait()

)
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I moved your question to a new topic, as its connection to the original topic (which is about the DashedAcceptability controller) was not clear

Upload a file named global_z.css to your aesthetics (css_includes) folder with the following rule:

.PennController-Scale .option {
        margin: 0em 1em;
    }

Replace .PennController-Scale with .PennController-judgment if you want the spacing to apply only to this Scale element but not to all Scale elements across the board

Jeremy

elena-vsg
    Participant

Hi Jeremy!

I would also like to edit a scale in my experiment, however, when I try to upload a new .css file into Aesthetics, I get an error saying “You do not have permission to upload to this location.” Is there a way to get the permission?

Best wishes and thanks!
    Elena

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Elena,

What’s the name of the file you’re trying to upload? You cannot manually overwrite the files that come by default when you create your experiment, or any files you previously imported from a git repo (but that restriction is lifted when importing from a git repo)

Jeremy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.