Reply To: Can we randomize time with newTimer() ?

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Can we randomize time with newTimer() ? Reply To: Can we randomize time with newTimer() ?

Jeremy
Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you got it, that’s precisely the direction I had in mind when I suggested using the linear order of the rows rather than timestamps. Your solution seems to work beautifully

Re. your Var element: you correctly create it as a .global Var element at the end of the trial labeled “instructions_E” but when you refer back to it at the end of the trial labeled “blocks-timer-trial” you forget to call .global() again, so PennController cannot access the value of the Var element that you created in a previous trial. Then you call .log( "BlocksTimer" , getVar("BLOCKS") ) on that same element, so you might have one results line for that trial (the one labeled “blocks-timer-trial”) that will report the value of the Var element. But given the two arguments you passed to .log, I think you meant to add a column rather than a row. If so, you need to call log on the closing parenthesis of newTrial() rather than on the Var element itself

Jeremy