Reply To: Can we randomize time with newTimer() ?

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Can we randomize time with newTimer() ? Reply To: Can we randomize time with newTimer() ?

Larissa_Cury
Participant

I’m probably doing something wrong, the thing with the timers is (this is from the original article which is the base of my experiment):

“Each trial consisted of five events. First, there was a fixation period for a random variable duration (400–1600 msec) (MY TIMER D1). Then, a warning cue was presented for 100 msec (MY TIMER- D2). There was a short fixation period for 400 msec (MY TIMER D3) after the warning cue and then the target and flankers appeared simultaneously. The target and flankers were presented until the participant responded, but for no longer than 1700 msec. (MY TIMER RT) After participants made a response, the target and flankers disappeared immediately and there was a posttarget fixation period for a variable duration which was based on the duration of the first fixation and RT (3500 msec minus duration of the first fixation minus RT). (MY TIMER WAIT-SEPARACAO)
After this interval the next trial began. Each trial lasted for 4000 msec.”

but I agree with you, the count is 3800, not 4000. I really don’t know what’s wrong… Anyway, is there a formula that I could use on timer-wait-separação? as we did with the random ?