Reply To: Problem with preloading audios

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Problem with preloading audios Reply To: Problem with preloading audios

Elise
Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply! I changed to preloading the ressources from zip-files.

I am running into another issue where sometimes the experiment crashes. I get the following error in the console:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot set properties of null (setting 'controls')
    at c.window.PennController._AddElementType.uponCreation (server.cgi?include=js:formatted:11140:43)
    at c.n.uponCreation (server.cgi?include=js:formatted:3254:43)
    at server.cgi?include=js:formatted:3294:64
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at Array.<anonymous> (server.cgi?include=js:formatted:3294:34)
    at server.cgi?include=js:formatted:1034:39

I can see that this relates to an audio ressource. Evidently, the ressource .object is null at the time. When this happens, the experiment crashes without any possiblity of recovering. This only happens once in a while and so far I have not find a way to reproduce it consistently. I’ve seen this thread (https://www.pcibex.net/forums/topic/typeerror-error/), but I checked that all my files are uploaded and named correctly.

So again, I wonder whether the new version has fixed this issue, because I see that the code relating to preloading has changed. But since I cannot reproduce the error consistently, there is no way for me of knowing whether the problem has already been solved. If you could give me some confidence, that would be great!

Best,
Elise

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Elise.