video not displayed

PennController for IBEX Forums Support video not displayed

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ginopino09
    Participant

Hello Jeremy,

I have a problem with presenting a video: when I run my script, I can only see a grey window (where the video should be presented) and I hear the video’s audio. Here what I wrote

newVideo("first","video1.mp4")
       .size('85vw','75vh')
       .print("center at 50%","middle at 50%")
       .play()
       .wait(),

Did I write something wrong?
    Is it a problem with the video format?
    Thank you in advance

Giorgio

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Giogio,

This code works well for me on PennController 1.8, 1.9 and 2.0.alpha. Do you have a defaultVideo.disable() anywhere before that by any chance? If not, the problem could come from the format of the video file. All browsers are supposed to support MP4 files, but note that having a .mp4 extension does not guarantee that the content of your file has indeed been encoded in MP4

Jeremy

ginopino09
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.

I don’t have defaultVideo.disable() anywhere and I tried another video that I directly recorded with mp4 format and still does not work.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Would you mind sharing your project’s demonstration link with me, either here or at support@pcibex.net?

Jeremy

ginopino09
    Participant

Hi Jeremy, here it is
    https://farm.pcibex.net/r/EXBFQT/

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Thank you Giorgio — I just replied by email

For everybody else: there is a bug in one version of PennController 2.0.alpha where Video elements are printed as disabled by default, which adds an opaque gray layer on top of the player. Calling .enable() before calling .print() gets rid of that problem. This issue has been fixed for more recent releases

Jeremy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.