UploadRecordings

PennController for IBEX Forums Support UploadRecordings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rose
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been having some problems with the “UploadRecordings” trial. Every time the study gets to the default “UploadRecordings” trial (the very last one), I get the error “[17:9:34] MediaRecorder’s Ajax post failed. (0); (PennController: 15)” or “[10:2:5] MediaRecorder’s Ajax post failed. (0); (PennController: NA)” and the the text “There was an error uploading the recordings: Please click here to download a copy of your recordings in case you need to send them manually” appears on the screen. However, when I check the dreamhost server I made, I see that the videos have in fact saved.

I’ve tried putting UploadRecordings earlier in the study (as a trial itself and within a trial) and this always happens.

Do you have any idea how to fix this? I don’t want future participants to see that error and feel like they have to send the videos to me.

Thank you!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

UploadRecordings creates a trial, you cannot include it inside another trial (only SendResults has this exceptional behavior, which might not have been the best design decision on my end, since that seems to introduce confusion)

I’m working on fixing the behavior of the automatically inserted last UploadRecordings trial. When you say that “this always happens” even when you manually include an UploadRecordings trial earlier in your Sequence, do you mean that you still see the default one at the end of the experiment, and that that one shows you an error message (but not the one you insert earlier)?

Have you tried something along those lines?

Sequence("intro", sepWith("asyncUpload",randomize("trials")), "syncUpload", SendResults(), "thanks")

UploadRecordings("syncUpload")
    UploadRecordings("asyncUpload", "noblock")

newTrial("thanks",
      newText("Thank you for participating in this study.").print()
      newButton().wait() // wait on this screen forever
    )

Jeremy

rose
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry for being unclear! I meant that when I manually include an UploadRecordings trial in the Sequence, I still get the error even though the videos have been uploaded to the server. If I don’t have trial at the end that stays on the same screen indefinitely though, the study does progress to the default UploadRecording and I get the error again.

And I did try something like what you shared, but I still got the error. I don’t have the “sepWith” part though. How does sepWith work? I didn’t find that much documentation on the website.

Thanks!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

sepWith is illustrated on the documentation page for UploadRecordings: https://doc.pcibex.net/global-commands/uploadrecordings/

It’s an Ibex function that inserts trials after each trial from a set, which proves handy for regularly inserting asynchronous uploadrecordings trials.

Would you mind sharing your project’s demonstration link with me, either here or at support@pcibex.net?

Jeremy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.