February 15, 2022 at 7:23 pm #7761nasimbhmnParticipant
I have a question regarding the latest updates of the Penncontroller. Let me break down my issue first:
I have a rather old version of my experiment (for collecting audio responses) on my server. I set it up 5-6 months ago and successfully ran several pilots using the same repository by copying it and just modifying my script directly on the server. Today, I ran another pilot, and unfortunately this time the uploaded .zip files were damaged. I tested my original copy on the server (which I had used in the past for collecting data) and it had the same problem!
Then I tested my experiment directly on the PCIbex website and, surprisingly, the uploaded responses were just fine. I thought maybe this issue has something to do with updates of the penncontroller in the past 5-6 months, although it really didn’t make sense to me… Anyway, I decided to set up the server for a fresh standalone version of my experiment and now it seems to be working fine and successfully uploading zip files.
Do you have any idea why an older version of the recorder element that used to work just a few weeks ago, does not work properly now? I think it is the recorder element because I did another test: I gave an invalid address to the PHP file so that I would receive an uploading error and would be able to download the zip file on my computer… Surprisingly, this file was also corrupted!
I should also note that I did not receive any error while uploading. I’m also aware that the PHP file used for uploading should contain the address to my website when I’m running the experiment on the server. So, I can tell you for sure that this was not the source of the problem.
I know that my problem is resolved now by setting up the new version and I’m happy about that, but I’m really curious about what has caused this problem.
Thanks and best, NasimFebruary 16, 2022 at 11:30 am #7763JeremyKeymaster
It is unlikely that the issue would lie with the server setup, especially since you get no error from uploading, and locally-downloaded zip files are also corrupted. I edited part of the code of the MediaRecorder element, including bits here and there concerning the zipping of the recordings, but I can’t tell whether those edits are directly related to the present issue
I am glad to read that the latest version of PennController solves the issue though!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.