Trouble loading a batch of images into the experiment

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Trouble loading a batch of images into the experiment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rhododendron
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am working on an experiment for which I need to be working with more than 200 pictures. Whatever I do, it does not really seem to work properly in the sense that I always get an inter-trial message as follows: Please wait. The items are pre-loading”. Moreover, the pictures do not really show up in the canvas, just their contrours do.

Up until now I’ve tried to load the pictures up to a server and then use the AddHost function to access them. It seems that everything is fine with the usage rights of the pictures. Are there perhaps any tricks with working with a big number of photos? I should also mention that I minimised the size of the photos to max 60 kB each, some of them are even tinier than that. So right now I have run out of ideas.

Your help would be very much appreciated, but until then, have a great week everybody!!

Best wishes!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi!

If all the pictures fail to show up (and you only have their contour) the problem is probably bad URLs. Do you get the filenames from a table? Sometimes there’s a problem with that and you end up with the wrong link (e.g. missing a / somewhere) Did you check the Debug window’s logs?
    Feel free to share the link to your experiment so we can get a better idea of what’s going on

When you need to load many files the best solution from the participant’s perspective is to use a ZIP file: this way, there’s only one request and you’re certain that when they get the file, no resource is missing (as long as you included them all in the file). But it’s true that the setup can be challenging depending on your hosting platform.

Best
    Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.