server issue – sources not preloading

PennController for IBEX Forums Support server issue – sources not preloading

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ElRk
    Participant

Hello,

I’m sorry because I know it’s a common problem but I’ve read all the relevant posts in the past and I really haven’t managed to find a solution for a long time.
    The problem is that my resources are not preloading. I’ve hosted my files to a server in a folder containing a zip file with all my pictures and also the file .htaccess.
    The link for both folders ends in “.zip”. I’ve also uploaded a csv file with the items, their names etc.to the resources section of the platform
    The experiment is running properly only if I upload all the photos in the resources which means that it is highly possible that it crashes.

Can you think of something else that could be wrong?
    I’m sending the demo link wishing that you can find some mistake: https://farm.pcibex.net/r/gqNPhx/

thanks a lot!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello,

You’re using AddHost in place of PreloadZip

You also need to upload a .htaccess file to your server in the directory that contains your zip file to grant CORS access. Currently your server does not respond with the right access headers, so something must be misconfigured on your server’s side

Jeremy

ElRk
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure that I’ve understood correctly.
    I think that I’ve already done this with the .htaccess. I have uploaded to the server a folder which contains the following: a zip file with all my photos and also the .htaccess file. Do I need to do sth else?

Unfortunately I don’t really understand what’s the problem with the server and what needs to change.
    Sorry for wasting your time..

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Make sure your file .htaccess is owned by the user running PHP. If you need to find out that user, you can upload a PHP file containing <?php echo exec('whoami'); ?> and visit the page in your browser. Once you know the username, just use chown apache .htaccess (assuming apache is the username). Also make sure its permissions are 755: chmod 755 .htaccess. If you do not know how to execute chown/chmod, some programs such as FileZilla will let you modify the owner and permissions of files via their graphic interface (usually through a right-click on the file and an option like “properties”)

Jeremy

ElRk
    Participant

Thank you so much Jeremy! It finally works 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.