Selector shuffle making images flash

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Selector shuffle making images flash

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    christine
    Participant

Hi Jeremy!

I’ve been noticing that my images on a canvas will flash / look like they’re coming in from the left when the Selector shuffle function runs, even though they’re right next to each other. I’d seen on a previous post that if I hid the canvas and made it visible after the shuffle, then the problem might be fixed, but that fix didn’t work. This is on lines 179-194.

Here is my experiment.

Thanks so much!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I actually don’t experience this problem for those trials (labeled “learning,” which lines 179-194 belong to) but I do experience it for the trials labeled “testing.” The shuffle command in those latter trials comes after print on the Canvas element, which is not hidden either at the time when shuffle is executed, so that’s consistent with the issue as described in the other thread

Do you experience the problem with both types of trials? If so, it might help to include a Timer of, say, 20ms between getCanvas("learning_canvas").shuffle() and getSelector("learning_selector").wait() if you don’t mind adding a very short delay inside your trials

Jeremy

christine
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy! We had been experiencing this with both types of trials, but the delay worked! Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.