Saving results

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Saving results

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bclnt
    Participant

Hello Jeremy,

Could you please instruct me on how to save result files on my desktop? I know how to see results on PCIBEX, but it is unclear how to save them. How do people save results from the Results folder? Are there any efficient ways to save data on Excel? Also, I may want to use R. In that way, how should I save the result files on my desktop?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Jeremy. Reason: moved to support
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can click on the eye icon just under the results file (the rightmost icon). It will open a new tab, just save it as a .csv file (File > Save) and you can then load the file you saved it in R (there’s a useful read.pcibex function defined on this page)

Jeremy

bclnt
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I followed your instruction but it doesn’t let me save as a .csv file somehow. My saving option is a text format only. Do I need to set up anything on my script?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

The format is actually CSV: the content definitely contains Comma-Separated Values. Just rename your file after you save it, and change its .txt extension for .csv

Jeremy

bclnt
    Participant

I tried it, but it doesn’t work still. Here is what happens.
    I saved as the text format, and the file was saved according to the status bar. However, the file never appeared in the selected folder although the file was in the status bar on Chrome. So, I clicked the file (or selected “open”) in the status but, but it said “removed” and disappeared from the bar.
    Do you know what to do in this situation?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Sounds like a browser-specific issue. Try saving the file using Firefox or Safari, it worked for someone who faced a similar problem using Chrome

Jeremy

bclnt
    Participant

Yes, the file was saved correctly using Safari! Thank you for your quick responses!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.