Randomizing two different experiments

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Randomizing two different experiments

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nico
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I have an experimental setup (here the link https://farm.pcibex.net/r/ArSynB/) where I have two consecutive experiments. Everythng works fine, but I need now to randomize between the two experiments (the first one must change between partcipants) and keep the order of the group given in Mix.csv table in order to always have the group A of one experiment, followed by the group A of the second.
    Since I can’t put 2 trials in the same Template, nor using 2 differents templates and randomize them with a global “Sequence” command (which doesn’t apply to Template types, as far as I understood) I don’t see any way to do that.
    I also tried to separate my experiments in two differents js scripts, but I didn’t find how to randomise the order between scripts (it seems that by default, they run in alphabetic order).

Do you know any solution to that kind of problem ?

Thanks in advance

Nico

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Nico,

As long as you have the exact same list of groups in your two tables, you can use a Template command for one table and another command for the other table, and participants will be assigned the same group across tables. So this is how I would do things:

Template("Mix.csv", row =>
        newTrial("Global",
            // etc.

Template("CT.csv", row =>
        newTrial("Random",
            // etc.

Sequence(
      ...( Math.random() > 0.5 
        ? [ randomize("Global") , randomize("Random") ]
        : [ randomize("Random") , randomize("Global") ]
      )
    )

Jeremy

Nico
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks a lot, everything works fine now.

Nico

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.