Problem recording time within one trial

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Problem recording time within one trial

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hortense20
    Participant

Hello,

I need to record the time a participant takes to read a specific text within one trial. To read it, once have to press the spacebar and to see the following text, he/she should press the spacebar again.

In the results, I don’t see the line for that, how can I solve the problem ?

Thank you in advance, for your help

https://farm.pcibex.net/r/Sqhmkk/

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for including the demonstration link to your project. You should use the log command on the elements whose events you are interested in recording. In your case, you want to know when participants press the spacebar key, and when the Text elements are printed, so you should use that command on your Key and Text elements. One simple way of doing it is to add them as default commands to the top of your trial:

Template("trial.csv",row =>
      newTrial("essai",
        defaultText.log(),
        defaultKey.log()

I tested it and it adds 20 lines per trial to your results file. Logging both elements types is a little redundant, so you could choose ton only log the Key elements, for example (in which case it could be a good idea to name those Key elements, to make it easier to read your results file). Then you simply subtract EventTimes to get reading times.

Let me know if you have questions

Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.