Preload Zip and Invalid URL

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Preload Zip and Invalid URL

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ncomeau
    Participant

In attempting to preload a rar file containing WAV audio for my experiment, I am getting a time out and this in the debugger log: “Preload: entry #0 is not a valid URL, ignoring it (PennController: 1)”. I am providing the object url (made sure to set it to public) listed in the rar file’s properties in my AWS bucket. I don’t think it’s an issue with the structure of the archive as it’s just a bunch of wav files in the top level, I also tried converting the WAVs to MP3s as that seemed to fix issues for someone else, but I still get the same log message. It’s possible to access the files from the bucket when I upload them individually and follow the steps for enabling CORS requests, but loading from a zip file would significantly reduce the number of get requests to the location.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Nickolas

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Nickolas,

You can only preload ZIP archives, whose filenames should end with .zip. You can try changing the extension of your RAR file, but if the compression algorithm was different, chances are PennController won’t be able to read it.

Jeremy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.