PennController for IBEX › Forums › Support › Own experiment does not run on set up server
Tagged: server, set up server, setup
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Valentin.
May 31, 2021 at 8:22 am #7014ValentinParticipant
Since I am stuck on trying to get my experiment to work on my own server for a while now, I decided to ask for help here.
I followed the instructions on setting up a cgi-server (https://github.com/addrummond/ibex/blob/master/docs/manual.md#setting-up-the-server) and everything seems to run smoothly for the sample experiment (ibex-master). However, downloading the folder of my personal experiment created in the PCIbex Farm and using it instead of the sample experiment breaks the running system. The experiment gets stuck on “Loading, please wait…”. I have already read the troubleshooting page (https://www.pcibex.net/troubleshooting/) but none of the causes mentioned there seem to be the cause for my problem.
Is there anything else I need to do besides downloading the standalone version from the farm and adjusting server.py and server_conf.py for it to run on my own server?
Maybe I just missed something?
I would be very happy if someone could help me fix my issue.
ValentinMay 31, 2021 at 7:42 pm #7016JeremyKeymaster
There is a bug with the native Ibex engine where filenames with an upper-case extension in chunk_includes will make the experiment crash on that “loading” message, which would be consistent with your experience. I realize that you have read the troubleshooting page however, so it’s probably not that
Another thing to note (although I’m unsure it would cause a crash there) is that serving resource files (images, audios, videos) from the chunk_includes folder (Resources) is specific to the PCIbex Farm: if your project contains resource files in its chunk_includes folder, you should move them to the www folder instead
Feel free to share the link to your standalone experiment, here or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
JeremyJune 1, 2021 at 5:46 am #7017ValentinParticipant
Thank you very much for your quick and helpful response!
Removing the resource files from the chunk_includes folder solved my problem. The experiment is running perfectly fine now.
Once again, thank you very much. Without your advice I would probably be searching for a fix forever.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.