No blankText in SPR

PennController for IBEX Forums Support No blankText in SPR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    adavila
    Participant

Hi Jeremy

I’ve noticed a problem with the SPR task in my experiment. I’d like to have no blankText and everything was running smoothly until I published the experiment. On demo version, I get the sentences starting from the first word of my stimuli, but once I turn the debug off the two horizontal dashes are shown before the first word.

Is there any way to work around this?

🙂

Andressa.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Andressa,

Do you have a link to your experiment?

Jeremy

adavila
    Participant

Jeremy,

Here it is: https://farm.pcibex.net/r/wcvghs/

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by adavila.
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

I cannot see the URL, you can send it to support@pcibex.net if you want

Jeremy

Jeremy
    Keymaster

You have correctly identified the issue: there seems to be a conflict between the initial press on spacebar for the DashedSentence controller in “in place” mode and the debugger being on for whatever reason. That being said, I have no idea what causes that conflict

In any case, the behavior you see when the debugger is off is the normal behavior, the one consistent with how the DashedSentence controller works, and the one that your participants will experience anyway. Passing a string to the blankText parameter will overwrite the two dashes: if you pass "Aperte espaço para avançar.", the text will appear on the page before the first press on Space; if you pass the empty string "" then the page will be blank until the participant presses Space

The debugger bug (ironically) skips the whole pre-spacebar display, whether it should show the standard two dashes, a custom message or just a blank page, and you will see the first word instead. I’ll work on fixing this (if I manage to identify the source of the bug) but in the meantime you should just keep it in mind when designing your experiment

Jeremy

nasimbhmn
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Is there any way to remove the blank screen completely?

Best, Nasim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.