New default print() parameters?

PennController for IBEX Forums Support New default print() parameters?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CBill
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I copied the code from a previous experiment directly over to a new experiment. However, the ‘print()’ commands seem to be working differently. That is, while in the original experiment the associated text elements were printed in the middle of the page, in the new experiment they are printing at the left edge of the page.

Do you know why this would be? Do I now need to set the location parameters for each element I print as the default is no longer to print the element in the middle of the page?

Thanks for your help,
    Cory

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Cory,

Yes, this is part of the new aesthetics conventions in PennController 1.9, basically all the elements are now displayed as flex on 100% of the page’s width

You can use center on any element to display it centered on the page, or directly manipulate its CSS or its container CSS using css or cssContainer

You can control the overall aesthetics of your experiment more globally by using a CSS file, as described on this documentation page, for example you could upload a PennController.css file with this to replicate the old aesthetics:

.PennController {
      max-width: 40em;
      left: 50vw !important;
      transform: translateX(-50%);
    }

Let me know if you have questions

Jeremy

CBill
    Participant

Yes ok, I thought something like that might have happened. I have gotten it working now.

Thanks,
    Cory

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.