Mouse Tracking Data Analysis

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Mouse Tracking Data Analysis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ekakoki
    Participant

Hello there,

I’ve been using the Mouse Tracker element, but when I download the Results file there’s a long string of numbers where the coordinates should be, with “+” or “-” in between each number. Sometimes there’s a “t” in the middle of the number as well. Does anyone know what any of this means?

The code I’m using for it doesn’t modify the element in any way, just starts and stops it. I’m definitely still a beginner with pcIBEX, so it’s very possible I’ve missed something that helps decode and organize the information. Thank you!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello,

The new documentation has not been updated with it yet, but there is an R script on the old documentation page of the MouseTracker element. The first four numbers (preceded by w, h, x and y) report the width and height of the page, and the x/y coordinates of the mouse when the MouseTracker element’s start command is executed. After that, the string is a series of triplets of numbers, each triplet is prefixed with t and the numbers are separated by +/-: the first number is the number of milliseconds that have elapsed since the previous triplet (t is for “time”), the second number is how many pixels the mouse moved horizontally (+ = right, - = left) and the third number is how many pixels the mouse moved vertically (+ = down, - = up)

Jeremy

ekakoki
    Participant

That makes so much sense! Thank you so much, and for your quick response!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.