Mouse cursor in the center of the screen

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Mouse cursor in the center of the screen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nicoletta
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I am currently working on a sentence-picture matching task and I would like to record both accuracy and reaction times.
    I am planning to use mouse clicks (instead of keyboard buttons) to make the task more child-friendly. However, in order to avoid effects of mouse position on my reaction time data (e.g. pointer on the left, correct image on the right/left -> longer/smaller RT), I would like the pointer to appear at the center of the screen, each time the participant needs to provide a response.

Is there a way to do this?

I have seen that I can record the coordinates of the mouse through the MouseTracker element but I would prefer to control the mouse position instead of using the coordinates as a covariate during data analysis.

Thanks in advance!
    Nicoletta

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Nicoletta,

You cannot control the mouse cursor for security reasons, but what you can do is print a button at the center of the screen that needs to be clicked before proceeding:

newButton("Go").print("center at 50vw", "middle at 50vh").wait().remove()

Cross-referencing this topic: Centering mouse cursor at the start of the trial

Jeremy

Nicoletta
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Apologies, I didn’t realize someone asked something very similar some months ago.

Thanks for the super fast reply!

Nicoletta

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.