Monitor submission times and limit the number of submissions

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Monitor submission times and limit the number of submissions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chloris
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I have recently published 5 experiments for one project. It occurred to me that I only need 30 submissions for every one of the four groups in each experiment (I have set 4 groups to split the workload for participants). I couldn’t find anywhere to monitor how many times each group or each experiment has been completed and don’t seem to find related questions. Do you know if there’s a way to achieve it? So basically my needs would be:
    1) Monitor how many times each of the four groups in each experiment has been completed;
    2) Limit the maximum submission times for each of the four groups to 30.

Many thanks,
    Chloris

Chloris
    Participant

For monitoring, I meant to know if there’s a way to figure out submission times for each experiment (and ideally for each group in each experiment) without downloading the results…

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Chloris,

You cannot know how many submissions you have per group unless you download the results file. The preview of the results (accessible by clicking the “…” button to the right of the “Results” button) will tell you how many submissions you have received so far in total at the corresponding link — just make sure you refresh the page to get the latest information

You cannot set a limit to the number of submissions on the farm, as multiple participants might start the experiment in parallel and a subset of them might of might not complete it: there is no principled way of knowing in advance how many submissions you will eventually receive. One common way of handling this point, assuming you are using a crowd-sourcing platform, is to open a limited number of slots on that platform, and open new ones as needed

Jeremy

Chloris
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I cannot set the limit on the crowd-sourcing platform since one participant may or may not complete all the experiment sections (it’s free to choose).

I’m running into a new problem now – every time when I try to generate the results for downloading, it gets stuck at some point (e.g., “Downloading submissions (19500 rows…)”). I suppose it’s because of the big volume of data? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks a lot!
    Chloris

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Chloris,

The limit on the number of rows per batch of download is 100K; you’re far from that, so that shouldn’t be a problem. Did you try logging out, closing and reopening your browser before logging in and trying to download the results again? Feel free to share the link to your study with me, here or at support@pcibex.net if the problem persists

Jeremy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.