MediaRecorder's Ajax error (server on Dreamhost)

PennController for IBEX Forums Support MediaRecorder's Ajax error (server on Dreamhost)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shereen_Potsdam
    Participant

Dear Jeremy,

This is my first inquiry on PCIbex as the execution of my experiment runs beautifully =) But my issue has to do with saving the files to the server. I’m not a programming expert and I’ve been struggling with this for weeks so I really hope I’ll get some help on this.

I followed all the steps under ‘Set up a server’ in your support page. I created a domain on Dreamhost and added an SSL certificate to allow the link to be accessed through https. I also included the .php file copied an pasted, with the sub-folder “uploads” in small caps and all the permissions you described.

But I keep getting the following error message on the Debug window:
    [15:10:40] MediaRecorder’s Ajax post failed. (0); (PennController: NA)
    [15:10:31] MediaRecorder’s Ajax post failed. (0); (PennController: NA)

The Dreamhost directory I included for InitiateRecorder is in this format:
    https://domain/home/user/mainfolder/subfolder/uploadrecordings.php

Can you please tell me if you have an idea what this is about? Could it be the format of my Dreamhost directory?

Thank you!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello,

These are generic error messages, and I cannot tell what specifically prevents your experiment from sending the recordings to your server, and your server from saving them. Would you mind sharing the link to your experiment with me? You can send it at support@pcibex.net if you’d rather not post it on a public forum

Jeremy

Shereen_Potsdam
    Participant

Thank you so much, I will send you the experiment link and script now.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

We solved the issue by email: the problem came from an invalid URL that simply wasn’t pointing at the PHP file

Jeremy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.