Materials preloaded but not shown in the experiment

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Materials preloaded but not shown in the experiment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    anitajookyeong
    Participant

Hello, I am having problems with loading images and audio files in the experiment.

I know that it is not the problem of accessing the zip file from my server. I made a practice trial using a small zip file and it worked perfectly. Also, according to the Debug function, downloading and preloading the zip folders was successful. However, when the experiment begins, I don’t see any images nor hear any audio files. It only gives me texts.

I wonder if I am having this problem because having 12MB of materials for one experiment is too much?
    What can I do to solve this problem?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello,

Would you mind sharing the demonstration link to your project, either here or at support@pcibex.net?

Jeremy

Jeremy
    Keymaster

The problem was coming from a trailing / at the end of the URL pointing to the zip file in PreloadZip: the Log tab from the Debug window gives a warning that the “entry […] is not a valid URL” (I will move this to the new Warning tab in the next release of PennController

Jeremy

anitajookyeong
    Participant

Thank you for pointing out the problem!
    However, that does not seem to be the main reason why I don’t see the images/audios because, for the practice trial, both images/audios were zipped together in the “practicetask2.zip” file. This zip file was pre-downloaded successfully but I still didn’t get any images/audios for the practice trial.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Did you clear your cache and refresh the page where you run your experiment? Your practice material has always preloaded just fine for me, I was just having preloading problems for the experimental trials (which I no longer experience since you fixed the trailing /)

Jeremy

anitajookyeong
    Participant

Oh you are right! After removing the cache, I got all the materials in order. I did remove the cache once in a while when I was setting up the experiment, but I didn’t know it was this crucial in running the experiment.
    Thank you so much for the help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.