Issue with IP Address Following Server Crash

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Issue with IP Address Following Server Crash

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cascade
    Participant

Hello,

We are currently conducting a school study with about 100 students on Chromebooks three times a week, and everything had gone smoothly up until last week when the server was down due to the DDoS attack mentioned in this forum. While the experiment links began working again shortly after that issue was resolved, the Chromebooks at the school were no longer able to access the PCIbex links. We initially thought there was some issue with the links no longer being whitelisted on the district’s firewall; however, we have finally determined that the issue was with our IP address. Once we changed the IP address, we were again able to access the experiment links.

Would you happen to know what might have caused our IP address to be blocked from the PC Ibex server? I’m trying to make sure this doesn’t happen again because it can take a few days to get ahold of tech support for the district and we would risk losing more data. Is there something specifically that might have caused this to happen?

Best,
    Jack

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello Jack,

The DDoS attack came from that IP, so it has been blacklisted. I will blacklist any IP conducting an attack on our servers

Note that I sent an email about it the day of the attack at the email address you provided when you created your account on the Farm

I invite you to set up experiments on your own webserver if possible, so you have better control over the whole process

Best,
    Jeremy

Cascade
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I responded to the email you sent – sorry I didn’t realize I had associated my account with an email address.

Thanks,
    Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.