Impossible to download results

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Impossible to download results

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ginopino09
    Participant

Hello Jeremy,

First of all, I’m happy that the farm is back to work as usual.
    Unfortunately, I have to report that atm I cannot access my data, or download them for the farm. Maybe it’s only my problem, but when I click on results, the page goes on forever without downloading anything.

cdfelton
    Participant

I am experiencing the same issue, replying here so I get emailed when this is resolved!

thmorton
    Participant

Seconding this!

andressoriaruiz
    Participant

Hi, same issue here.

Thanks,
    Andrés

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Thank you for letting me know about this, and sorry for the inconvenience. Despite yesterday’s maintenance operation, the issue with accessing the results file persists because of the very important number of rows stored in the database. The fact that many people tried to access their results file in parallel after today’s announcement only made matters worse, unfortunately

I am working on it, but be aware that will not be able to get the number of submissions (or the rows themselves) for some time, since I started an operation that blocks access to the rows of the database. For the same reason, incoming results will not immediately be added to the database, but they will be kept in memory to be added once the operation completes

Thank you for your understanding,
    Jeremy

cdfelton
    Participant

Jeremy,
    Absolutely no need to apologize, you provide a free service we take advantage of, thank you so much for your hard work fixing these issues!

For those of us who were mid data collection during the outage, does this mean we should avoid restarting collection? I know best practices is to download and clear the collected data frequently, but I am nervous to do so if there’s a known issue here. Basically, I’m just trying to figure out if I ought to release the subjects who have signed up to take part in my study but have yet to do so or not, so any sort of tentative timeframe you can provide with regard to when collected data will be accessible or when we should restart collection would be fantastic.

Best,
    Casey

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Casey,

There shouldn’t be any need to pause data collection: as I said, incoming results are stored in memory until the operation completes. And as a matter of fact, that operation has just completed as I started typing this message anyway. That being said, I see a few results-saving tasks in the “retry set” of the database, so let me know if there are submissions you were expecting today that you don’t see appear in the next couple hours

Other than that, you should now be able to access your results normally (I, for one, was just able to download a results file of 9k+ lines within a few seconds). Let me know if the issue persists or reoccurs

Thank you,
    Jeremy

cdfelton
    Participant

Dear Jeremy,
    As you predicted, most of the results came through! I’m missing a few I expected, so I followed up with you on email to not spam the other folks in this chain.

Best,
    Casey

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.