HTML Files Uploaded to Chunk Includes

PennController for IBEX Forums Support HTML Files Uploaded to Chunk Includes

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cascade
    Participant

Hello,

I am new to PCIbex, and I have just moved an experiment over from Ibex Farm. It seems to be working for all the HTML files that were originally there, but when I add another HTML file, it tells me it’s been uploaded to “Chunk Includes”, but then does not appear under the Resources tab in the editor. Is there somewhere else to find it? It also doesn’t seem to show when I call it in my script. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jack

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello Jack,

I am not familiar with this problem. Were you logged in when this happened? Would you mind sharing your project’s slug with me (the 6-character sequence between experiments/ and /edit in the URL when you’re editing the project)?

Jeremy

Cascade
    Participant

Hi Jeremey,

Sure thing! Yes, I’m currently logged in, and there are some HTML files that work perfectly fine, but I can’t get others to upload…

My slug is zJBfVy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

I currently see 7 html files in your project’s Resources folder: buffer1.html, buffer2.html, buffer3.html, endangered_animals_at_a_glance_questions.html, energetic_emily_questions.html, engineering_and_natural_gas_questions.html, verification.html

When I copy your project and create a new HTML file using the ‘+’ button next to “Resources”, or upload one by drag-and-dropping it there (or using the upload icon and selecting a file from my device) I do get the “upload to chunk_includes” confirmation message and the file appears under Resources

Note that there is a “filter…” field under folders’ names where you can type text to only show filenames that contain that text — make sure you haven’t any text currently typed in there when looking for the uploaded files

If the problem persists, try duplicating your project and uploading your HTML files to that cloned project; if upload succeeds, delete the original project and continue working with the cloned project (you can rename it to use the original project’s name then)

Jeremy

Cascade
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

It still appears to have the same issue with some of these HTML files. I can upload some HTML files, but not others. Is there anything specific in an HTML file that the PCIbex server would not like? For context, all of these files uploaded successfully to Ibex Farm.

The files that aren’t uploading have a meta tag, but I’m not sure if that would change anything. Other than that, I’m not sure what else is different about them that would stop them from being uploaded here. For example: (I’ve changed some bits for copyright reasons — put “???”) WOuld this by any chance be causing the issue?

<head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
        <title>Title Here</title>
        <meta name="author" content="???">
        <meta name="article_id" content="???">
        <style>
          body { color: #333; font-family: Georgia, Cambria, serif; margin: 4em; }
          figure { font-size: 0.8em; font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 1em; margin: 4em 0; }
          figure img { background-color: #eee; border: 1px solid #ccc; padding: 1em; }
          figcaption p { margin: 0; }
          figcaption .image-credit p { font-weight: bold; }
          figcaption .image-caption p { font-style: italic; }
          h1 { font-size: 2em; }
          h2 { font-size: 1.5em; }
          header { margin-bottom: 4em; border-bottom: 1px solid #d0d0d0; }
          header h1 { font-size: 3em; }
          header h2 { font-weight: normal; }
          p { font-size: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.5em; margin: 1em 0; }
        </style>
      </head>

Cascade
    Participant

Quick Update – I changed the file names since they were quite large and now they are uploaded, so perhaps there is a maximum character amount for each of the files that we upload?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Ah, yes, thank you, there is indeed a 50-character limit on filenames!

Glad you figured it out, and that you posted in this forum, it will surely be helpful to anyone who faces the same issue in the future

Jeremy

Cascade
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, glad to say everything’s running smoothly!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.