Filled TextInput

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Filled TextInput

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Anna 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anna
    Participant

Hi again,

I “fixed” this issue by removing the offending input as the error message is displayed:

.wait(
                 newFunction('dummy', ()=>true).test.is(true)
                // Age
                 .and( getTextInput("age").test.text(/^\d+$/)
                    .failure( newText('errorage', "Bitte tragen Sie Ihr Alter ein."), 
                              getTextInput("age").text("")))  
            )

Best,
    Anna

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Avatar Anna.
    Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Anna,

Thank you for the feedback and the suggestion. Which code are you referring to exactly? When I open https://farm.pcibex.net/r/SsqEZD/ and enter “AP” in the “age” textbox and try to click the button (regardless of whether I filled the other fields correctly) I get an error message, which disappears as soon as I start typing again in the textbox. If I click on the button again after typing a 2-digit number in the textbox (and with the other fields correctly filled) then the experiment proceeds.

Did you include a Key element with callback as suggest in this message to have the error message automatically disappear upon keypress?

Jeremy

Anna
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

when I open your link, enter into the age text field letters “AP”, letter-string combinations “2a”, special signs like “//” or spaces and try to click the button, then I get the error message (as intended). The error message disappears when I try to change the age but nothing happens to the input itself, i.e. AP, 2a, // or ” ” stay put despite my trying most keys on the keyboard. If it helps, I’m using Firefox version 86.0.1 (64-bit) on Fedora 32.

Either way, my workaround seems to do the job for this issue, which hopefully it’s unique to my setup.

Best,
    Anna

Jeremy
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Ah, I’m able to reproduce the issue if I select all the text and start typing in the expectation that it will overwrite the selected text: no (printing) character replaces the old text, which simply remains unedited (and still selected) in the input box. However, if I press the backspace key, the content is deleted as it should, and I can start typing successfully again.

I didn’t notice it before because I just wouldn’t select the text at all; instead, I would place my cursor at the end of the text, press the backspace key twice and start typing. Am I describing the same issue as yours?

Jeremy

Anna
    Participant

Hi,

yes, you are spot on. I tried it out now. If I press backspace I can input new text but overwriting the existing text does not work.

Best,
    Anna

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.