Eyetracker Setup Issues

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Eyetracker Setup Issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    penn_baby_lab
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been testing out the eyetracker by importing the demo experiment from the github repo and trying to run it (as per this link: https://www.pcibex.net/wiki/collecting-eye-tracking-data/).
    When I run it, the browser asks me for permission, and then I see the indicator light next to my camera turn on for two seconds and then turn off. The button shown on the experiment screen which should lead to a calibration screen does not work, and I can’t do anything on that screen anymore. I tried in several browsers and incognito mode, with the same issue. The fact that my camera is turning on even for a little bit leads me to believe it is not an issue with my permissions. I didn’t change anything at all after importing the demo experiment. Do you have any insight into how we can resolve this?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hello,

The EyeTracker element has so far been pointing to a JS script file directly hosted on webgazer’s servers, which is regularly updated, sometimes causing incompatibilities, and recently their ssl certificate was expired, preventing browsers from accessing the script.

I have updated the code of PennElement_eyetracker.js so it now points to a script file hosted on PCIbex’s servers, which should take care of both issues.

Could you please try updating the content of your PennElement_eyetracker.js file with the code a the link above and let me know if that solved your problem?

Jeremy

penn_baby_lab
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I’ve been working directly in the experiment farm, and I synced with the github URL given in the guide once again, and it didn’t work. However, since I didn’t see the file PennElement_eyetracker.js in my experiment, I uploaded it directly into the controllers section, and it worked! It threw an error saying that eyetracker was defined more than once, but the demo experiment seems to have worked as it should’ve. I guess I should just upload that file directly to our experiment. Thanks!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, you need to upload that extra file, as described in the top note on this page

Jeremy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.