Experiment inaccessible

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Experiment inaccessible

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    AlexG
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I ran into a similar issue as some other folks here, which is that one experiment is no longer accessible and gives me a “We’re sorry but something went wrong” error message. My slug is “MgyXMk”.

From the other cases this happened it seemed to have been something about uploading html files? Let me know if you can identify the cause so I can avoid it in the future.

Best
    Alex

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, in your case, the problematic file seems to be main.js. I tried to find an older version of it in the database’s records, but have had no luck. This means that the main script file of this project is lost. Do you happen to have a copy of it somewhere?

Jeremy

strotter
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I just encountered a similar problem after trying to delete the result file. My slug is “erBCok”. Same question goes for me: is there a way to prevent such issues?

Best,
    Stephanie

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

It looks like the file rnc-1_ibex_stimuli_BE.csv cannot be found, which is the likely source of the problem. I will need to delete its entry from the list of resources in your projects before you can edit it again

Unfortunately I don’t think there is a way to prevent such issues on your end. I am working on improving the farm’s code though, I hope that Sunday’s maintenance operations will be able to address that. I apologize for the inconvenience

Best,
    Jeremy

strotter
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Wow, thanks for this super fast reply!!
    I had issues with the saving while updating the file.

Thanks a lot for improving farm!

Best,
    Stephanie

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll look into the code that handles uploading. I have deleted the reference to rnc-1_ibex_stimuli_BE.csv, you should now be able to work on your project again

Jeremy

strotter
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Great, it works again! Thanks so much!

Stephanie

jhk10
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I published an experiment today but am now getting the same error message “We’re sorry, but something went wrong”. I’m not sure how to proceed from here, but my slug is yMBUyV. Is there a way to recover my experiment? I unfortunately don’t have a copy of the script and will be needing results soon. Thanks!

jhk10
    Participant

To add on to my earlier comment–I was thinking about what happened, and I remember shortly after the error started showing, I was able to briefly access my script. I noticed that DebugOff() was commented out again even though I had definitely uncommented it before publishing. I tried editing that line, but the error was preventing me from accessing my script and making changes. I’d been noticing issues with saving/refreshing from earlier (ie. I would refresh, but things would often revert to what it was before). All that to say, I wonder if the commented out DebugOff() has something to do with the error message?

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. This is a known issue, which I tried to address with yesterday’s maintenance operation. You should be able to edit your project again, but unfortunately the main script file is now permanently lost. I apologize for that, please let me know if I can do anything to help with re-writing it

Note that the maintenance operation made the use of DebugOff optional: the debugger is now always on when running the demonstration link, and always off when running the data-collection link

Jeremy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.