Error: unprocessable entity

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Error: unprocessable entity

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    xinchi
    Participant

Hi,

When I was trying to save and modify a cloned project today, en error message popped out (“Unprocessable Entity”). I tried to log in and out of the account, and this error remains, so that I could not save any changes to my project. I have done similar things before (cloning & modifying and saving the cloned experiment), and the experiments were running well. May I ask what may be the problem?

Sincerely,
    Xinchi

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Xinchi,

I am sorry you are experiencing issues cloning and saving your project. May I ask what the slug of your project is (the 6 characters at the end of the demonstration link) and whether you still encounter this problem with this and/or other projects?

Jeremy

xinchi
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Unfortunately I also experienced similar problems with other projects. One example is when I’m cloning the project with a slug of FrkwhN, I can’t rename it or do other edits.

Xinchi

Jeremy
    Keymaster

It looks like the problem has to do with the project’s name being too long. Ironically that very problem prevents you from renaming the cloned copy of the project, because it requires creating a new project with a long name before renaming it…

I’ll fix this and update the farm soon, but in the meantime you can try renaming the original project with a shorter name, just make sure that you use fewer than 45 characters (the overall limit is 50 characters, and cloned projects automatically add “_copy” at the end, which uses 5 characters)

Jeremy

xinchi
    Participant

Wow! Thank you so much Jeremy; it now works perfectly!

Xinchi

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.