Data not getting saved

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Data not getting saved

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    leaena
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

I don’t know if this is a penncontroller issue or an ibex issue. We just ran 80 participants on a single list and all of them seem to have made it to the end and gotten the code, but we have data from only 56 of them (and the missing ones submitted mostly toward the end but not entirely). Do you know what could be causing this? I was using the old ibexfarm.

Thanks for any help!
    Best,
    Leo

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

How were your participants supposed to access the code? By reaching the last screen of the experiment? If so, does the last screen come after the results are sent to the servers?

The whole experiment is run on the client-side, which means the servers could be down and the participants could still be running the experiment (as long as they started it when the servers were still up). But sending the results requires a functional connection, so if your screen with the confirmation code comes after that, it can’t be that the servers were down.

If you include your confirmation code raw in your scripts though, maybe some tech-savvy participants accessed it by directly looking at the source code of your experiment. There exist methods for making (parts of) your source code less readable, but it will always be impossible to completely encrypt javascript code. Let me know if you’d like pointers on how to pseudo-encrypt your code.

Jeremy

leaena
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Never mind, apparently the problem occurred between accessing the data and saving it, or else between saving it and importing it into R.

Thanks for your help!
    Leo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.