DashedSentence or DashedCustom for self-paced reading with cumulative window?

PennController for IBEX Forums Support DashedSentence or DashedCustom for self-paced reading with cumulative window?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gmzunino
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,
    I have a very basic doubt, but I could not reach any solution with the information about “DashedSentence” in the Forums.
    I am trying to run a self-paced reading experiment with cumulative window. I think this is not possible with DashedSentence Controller, bur could be possible with DashedCustom. Is that right? Anybody has used this? Could I see a script as an example?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Best,
    Gabi

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Gabi,

If by DashedCustom you mean a copy of the DashedSentence controller that you’ve manually edited, yes, it’s very straightforward: just comment out lines 192-193 from DashedSentence.js (or your copy of it) and the preceding words should no longer disappear.

Jeremy

gmzunino
    Participant

Thanks, Jeremy!
    I understand that in native Ibex there is DashedCustom controller already set. But perhaps I am wrong. I´ll try this way now.
    Gabi

Muxuan He
    Participant

Hi Gabi,

Did it work? How was the workable script laid out? I am working on the cumulative window as well and would appreciate a glance of your script if possible.

Hope it worked and thank you in advance!

Best,
    Muxuan

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Muxuan,

Save DashedSentence.js using a different name (eg. DashedCustom.js), then edit it and replace the 6th line, name: "DashedSentence", with name: "DashedCustom", for example, and comment out or simply delete lines 192-193:

if (t.currentWord - 1 >= 0)
        t.blankWord(t.currentWord - 1);

Upload DashedCustom.js to the Controllers folder of your project. You should also save DashedSentence.css under a corresponding name, eg. DashedCustom.css, and upload it to the Aesthetics folder of your project.

Then you can use DashedCustom like this:

newTrial(
      newController("DashedCustom", {s: "This is a test sentence"})
        .print()
        .wait()
    )

Jeremy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.