Correct/Incorrect answers in .csv file

PennController for IBEX Forums Support Correct/Incorrect answers in .csv file

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yasufmg
    Participant

Hi, Jeremy! Hope all is well.

I’m coding an acceptability judgment experiment which consists in participants reading a context+sentence, rating it in a 0-100 scale, then answering a comprehension question about the sentence read before. Only one of the options is the correct one. I’d like to have the .csv file to show a column that logs only correct or incorrect answer automatically. I tried adding in the experiment file a column named EXPECTEDANSWER, but I was wondering if there’s a more straightforward way to do this, considering we would have to individually consult each answer to validate if it’s right or wrong.

You can access the experiment here.

Thank you!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You could add this before your Scale element: newVar("CORRECT").global().set(false)

Then right after wait() on the Scale element: .test.selected(row.EXPECTEDANSWER).success( getVar("CORRECT").set(true) )

and finally after the last “record trial data” log line: .log("CORRECT", getVar("CORRECT"))

Jeremy

yasufmg
    Participant

Hi, Jeremy!

It works perfectly! Thank you so much!

One more thing: my experiment has filler sentences that won’t have any intended answer – for instance, some of them have an unusual word order which would make them ungrammatical. Is there a way to log these filler sentences as “null” or “none” using this method?

Thanks!

ElRk
    Participant

Hello,

I’m sorry because it’s not so relevant to the post’s topic but because you have used a scale, could you please give me more information on inserting the scale element?
    I’m setting an experiment with pairs of sentence-picture and I need a 5point scale at the bottom of the photo.

You can access the experiment here : https://farm.pcibex.net/r/RLwLNB/

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

my experiment has filler sentences that won’t have any intended answer – for instance, some of them have an unusual word order which would make them ungrammatical. Is there a way to log these filler sentences as “null” or “none” using this method?

You could replace .log("CORRECT", getVar("CORRECT")) with .log("CORRECT", row.TYPE=="filler" ? "NA" : getVar("CORRECT"))

I’m addressing the question from the last post on the dedicated topic created here

Jeremy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.