CMLP

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cmlp_udel
    Participant

Some students and I are planning to carry out a cross modal lexical priming experiment and we’re considering using pcIBEX as a platform to do it. I wonder if anyone has experience using CMLP on pcIBEX and would be willing to share notes or introductory code with us? Do people who have experience with pcIBEX recommend it (or would recommend against it) as a platform for this kind of study?

Thanks in advance!
    Pete Nelson

cmlp_udel
    Participant

I should maybe add some additional context on the project. Participants will hear a recorded sentences. Each sentence will have a lexical decision task probe at some point while the sound file plays. There are three probe positions we want to measure reaction time at (each experimental stimulus sentence will differ slightly in exactly where we want the probes to appear). The experiment will have a two levels for relatedness of the probe; three levels for probe position; and two levels for the factor noun animacy. We’re testing to see if (in)animacy affects reactivation of sentence material.

cmlp_udel
    Participant

PS I’m hoping the experiment ultimately resembles this study:
    Friedmann, N., Taranto, G., Shapiro, L. P., & Swinney, D. (2008). The leaf fell (the leaf): The online processing of unaccusatives. Linguistic inquiry, 39(3), 355-377.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Here is a project illustrating the basic idea: https://farm.pcibex.net/r/CKSRWL/

I’m not sure I completely understood how the three prompts relate to the lexical decision task (having less than 500ms per prompt seems incredibly hard) but one can easily adjust the details

Jeremy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.